Trips / Ashridge Estate Wine Trail: hiking & wine tasting
Come and join us as we escape London for a day on our most luxurious trekking adventure yet as we go hiking in search of fine wine. Our day trip from London takes us to a beautiful hiking destination that will end in a winery.
After hiking through the Ashridge Estate we will be rewarded by arriving at Frithsden Vineyard for a tour, by the winemakers themselves, to learn about the vines and the processes involved in making these fine wines! We will then be ready for our wine tasting session, where we will experience first hand why English wine is on the up and up.
After we have sampled some wines and possibly collected some bottles, we will make our way back to London.
This hike is a relaxed day hike, and most people of a moderate fitness level should be able to complete this relatively easily. That being said, anybody wishing to join us on this trip should be aware that we will be walking most of the day and a moderate level of fitness is required.
Regarding suitable outdoor wear
Whilst the minimum requirement is some sturdy footwear (ideally hiking boots), waterproofs and warm clothing, we highly recommend you check the kit list before departure.
- What to bring Packed, lunch, 2-litre water, additional items on recommended kit list
- Departure time 10.00 (approximately)
- Return time 19.00 (approximately)
- Departure location London Euston Railway Station, near the entrance to M&S Shop
- Includes Transport to and from London to the trip start point; guided hike through Ashridge Estate; wine tasting and tour of vineyard and winery
|This trip is currently not available.|