Trips / Bucks Brewery Hike: Discount
With this hike, we are pulling out all the ‘hops’ as we hike through the Chiltern Hills in beautiful Buckinghamshire! Making our way through woodland and rolling hills we will pass Chequers, the countryside retreat of Britain’s prime minister and continue our journey on the famous Ridgeway, regarded as England’s oldest road.
Towards the end of our trip we will be visiting an award winning local brewery. Once we are here we will meet the brewers and learn about the craft of brewing. After we have learned a bit about the processes involved in creating the nation’s favourite drink; we will move on to the most important part - the tasting! We will be taken through a thorough tutored tasting session as we learn to pair beers with local foods and really get the most out of our experience.
Naturally after any learning experience, it is essential that you continue practicing until perfection. Tasting beer is no different, although practicing is quite enjoyable. For that reason, we will have time to grab a few bottles to take home with us in order to ensure you can keep training those taste buds long after the trip is over.
This hike is a relaxed day hike, and most people of a moderate fitness level should be able to complete this relatively easily. That being said, anybody wishing to join us on this trip should be aware that we will be walking most of the day and a moderate level of fitness is required.
Regarding suitable outdoor wear
Whilst the minimum requirement is some sturdy footwear (ideally hiking boots), waterproofs and warm clothing, we highly recommend you check the kit list before departure.
- What to bring Packed, lunch, 2-litre water, additional items on recommended kit list
- Departure time 09.30 (approximately, confirmation of exact departure time will be sent prior to the trip date)
- Return time 19.00 (approximately)
- Departure location London Marylebone Railway Station, near the entrance to M&S Shop
- Includes Transport to and from London to the trip start point; guided hike through Chiltern Hills; beer tasting with food pairing and tour of brewery
|This trip is currently not available.|